Monday, April 26, 2010

Elevator Girl!

Monday, April 26th, 2010

Just when I thought this morning's "Potential Progressions" couldn't get any better, I had two - count 'em TWO - more encounters. Granted, nothing came out of them, but they make for some bitchin' stories (to my invisible friend at least). Anyway here's today's most recent...

Potential Progressions

Elevator Girl
- brunette, smart (supposedly), nice bod, maybe older (like 23ish); So basically, life was finally giving me a break when this girl got on the same elevator with me this afternoon. As soon as she saw me she started talking to me. Of course, being the dude I am, I resorted to simple one-word responses ("yeah", "nice", etc.) and the conversation basically went to hell. Little did I know that this wouldn't be my only chance. See we had class later that day, and during my group's presentation, I looked over and noticed her staring (yes, staring) right at me. When we made eye-contact she smiled (booyah!). Later, during a pizza break (that's right, pizza break), she came over and told me I did a good job presenting and whatnot. Once again, I ran into the nearest phone booth, transformed into Captain Awkward, and said something like "Thanks" and walked away. FML... Looking back, I definitely should've put more effort into the 'small talk.' Chance blown and to make matters worse that was the class's last meeting so I won't see her again till Fall.
RESULT: EPIC FAIL

Car-Next-to-Me Girl - blond, cute face, thin, possibly under 18; This is my favorite "Potential Progressions" thus far. I'm waiting at the intersection of Lakeshore and W. Oxmoor for the light to turn when I notice that this girl in the car next to me was smiling at me. This was probably due to my sweet dance/singing skills. Anyway, I looked over, saw she was cute, and waved. Now get this, she waved back! We giggled (no homo) at each other for maybe the next 20 seconds before the car she was in turned. We gave each other once last wave, and she rode away into the darkness. I did not drive after her. Looking back, maybe I should've said something to her. Asked for her number? Given her mine? Do people really do things like that? Let me know.
RESULT: PROGRESS!! (I actually had the ganas to wave)

*Car-Next-To-Me Girl, if you ever read this please do not hesitate to call me.

Now that I'm home, I'm guessing that's it for today. Looking ahead, I'm hoping to get to see Rec Center Girl tomorrow morning at the rec (where else). I've totally had a crush on her all semester and one of these days I'm gonna get past the "Can I have a basketball, please?" phase and chat her up. Just like that.

Keep it real,

- JJ

4 comments:

  1. John, I like your stories. I think if you would have given the car-next-to-me girl your number, that would have been weird. I think you should ask the Rec Center Girl out on a date...you know the Crawfish Boil is this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very entertaining. keep it up friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ...don't talk to strangers on the highway...I'm proud of you for waving though. I don't think you should wait until the fall to see elevator girl again. You should definitely find a way (and a fabricated reason) to find her. "Yes young one, much potential I sense in her." There, I made you feel less awkward by highlighting my own inner nerd (or maybe I made it worse). I'd wager on the possibility that rec center girl is already taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Franchize. Never give your number to strange girls on the highway. You made the right choice. Especially if she was under 18, thats a no no. Now, as far as elevator girl goes, you should have pushed the stop button on the elevator and let her know what was up. This summer, we will dominate the ladies Franchize, no doubt. Elevator girl and rec center girl better look out.

    ReplyDelete